Sunday, September 20, 2009

More t-shirt pillows!


It's been a crazy week around here. If you're new to the blog, you may not know that I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a bilateral mastectomy this past March. I decided to go ahead with reconstructive surgery, but had no idea how painful the process is and how long it would be until it was over due to insurance problems. The bad news: I'm in a lot of pain and we just try to get through the week around here, so I'm not doing anything crafty of fun lately. The good news: my surgery date was just set for October 1st, a week before my 37th birthday!

There were some other reasons why my spirits were lifted this week. My best friend from college had her first baby, a boy born at home and everyone is happy and cozy. Another best friend sent me a surprise care package with my favorite fudge. A day that ends with a sampling plate of different kinds of gourmet fudge just can't be bad.

This same friend also sent me the following picture. Remember that sad little pillow I made from my son's old PJ top? Why didn't I think to leave the arms on and just stitch it up?! Look at this great pillow her son, one of my favorite 10 year olds, made with his Mimi. So cute, right?

So, it was a good week. Thanks everyone for cheering me up with your gifts, crafts,
and best of all, friendship.

2 comments:

  1. I love this one! It looks like it would be exceptionally perfect for snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...it's so cute!!! It is his favorite pillow! He wants to try a long sleeved one next!

    ReplyDelete