Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!!

Today is the first day of May!! This is exciting in my family for many reasons. First, my oldests' birthday is in 12 days. She will be a whopping 13. Now, I know what your thinking, "It can't be true?!" Well it is. And unfortunately it means that my days of having my little girl at home with me are quickly dwindling. (Dramatic pause, sigh, wiping of tear) . Any hoo, the second reason we like May is because it means that it will probably not snow too much more here in sunny Colorado and outdoor fun can go on and on and on. Third, it is also a month dedicated to Mary, which in our Catholic family means honoring our Blessed Mother. I was thinking of planting a Mary's Garden this month when the weather warms up a bit.

So, in honor of this May Day we are making paper flowers and delivering them to friends and neighbors. The tradition is that you play a type of ding dong ditch and leave the flowers as a consolation gift. If you get caught you are supposed to get a kiss. This definately sounds like a game for the boys. My girls wouldn't mind the kiss one bit. Actually neither would the boys... Oh well, its all about giving, right?

Have a lovely May Day!!