Friday, February 19, 2010

Free-for all Friday: Pillowcases


Forgive me, this is a very quick post. By the time you're reading this, I'll be having another little outpatient surgery (it's not really even surgery) to implant more beads soaked in chemo drugs directly into my liver. While the procedure ends up being pretty painful for about a week, I can't tell you how great I'm feeling and how much I love having a break from systemic chemo. I'll have one more of these procedures in 2 weeks, then I'll have a scan in another month to see what effect it had.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure giving up my favorite ice cream for Lent is having a huge impact:)

I am excited about a crafty way to give to your community that I just found out about on this quilting site called the One Million Pillowcase Challenge. The pillowcases go to members of our communities like children in foster care, men and women in nursing homes and in shelters. There are four patterns for pillowcases on the site and one is very simple. I regret that I didn't have time to make one this week, but I promise to post my efforts as soon as possible. If you make a pillowcase, or have a fun pattern, please share!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,
    You always amaze me, your thoughts are always turned to others you are so giving and kind. I do not think there has ever been a time when I have left reading something you have written and not been inspired and mindful.
    You and your family will be kept close in prayer during this time, prayers for your comfort and healing.
    Love, Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Kandyce both inspire us with your generosity! Love the pillowcase idea (if only I could sew!).

    ReplyDelete