Friday, July 24, 2009

The easiest craft for charity ever.

Just a quick note this morning to tell you about a very easy and inexpensive craft project for cancer research I learned about when I opened my email today. I subscribe to a newsletter called Care2 make a difference that has useful articles on health, green living, and DIY projects. The article that caught my eye today is about a wedding shop in Toronto, Canada that is raising money for cancer research by donating 50 cents for every origami crane they receive. What's really fun about this project is that the shop is building a chandelier from all of the cranes--they're aiming for 10,000!

OK, I just summed up the whole article, but you should go here anyway to see the original for some historical background on the paper crane and for a video tutorial.

If you make a crane--share it with us! You can now add photos to your comment. If you have trouble, just let us know and we'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment